Monday, October 24, 2011

Fun-Filled Weekend With My Parents...

My parents came to visit this last week all the way from Minnesota and we had a blast! Well at least I did:) My mom and I went to An Affair of the Heart (craft fair in Oklahoma City), and we did not buy much of anything, but we got plenty of craft ideas so it was still worth it to make the trip down there.

One thing we kept seeing at so many of the booths was mason jars glued on to candle holders, which would be SUPER easy so we were not going to pay 4-5 times as much as they would cost to make them ourselves! Seriously! That would only be something a craft-deficit disorder person would do... So sad.


That was the only craft we made that we got the idea from the craft fair, but we had some ideas of our own! Or from Pinterest:)

My mom had found a tutorial on how to make pumpkins using velvet, real pumpkin stems, pinto beans and batting. They were so easy and fast and they turned out adorable! The hardest part was finding pumpkin stems that were twirly...



I did buy one thing from An Affair of the Heart. It was some potpourri that looks like tiny pumpkins! Sooo cute and it smells fantastic!


I also found a tutorial on Pinterest for making flower out of paper bags. I changed them up a little and stuck the leaves together by a cute diamond brad. I tacked the flowers up on my wall after I finished them. The picture online showed them on the wall around a fireplace, but my firplace already has enough going on so I decided to frame a corner of my living room window with them:)

 I just love crafts:) They are cheaper than buying the same thing and you get the satisfaction of knowing you made them! what could be better?!

1 comment: